How To Improve Scalp Psoriasis?
While there is no cure for scalp psoriasis, there are a number of treatments that can help to improve the condition. Scalp psoriasis can be a frustrating and embarrassing condition, but with the right treatment it can be controlled. Here are some tips on how to improve scalp psoriasis:
- Use a medicated shampoo or cream. There are a number of over-the-counter treatments that can help to control scalp psoriasis. Look for products that contain active ingredients like salicylic acid, coal tar, or corticosteroids. These ingredients can help to reduce inflammation and slow the growth of skin cells.
- Apply a moisturizer. Moisturizing the skin can help to reduce itchiness and scaling. Be sure to use a moisturizer that is specifically designed for use on the scalp.
- Avoidtrigger factors. There are certain things that can worsen scalp psoriasis, such as stress, cold weather, and certain hair products. If you can identify your trigger factors, you can avoid them and help to keep your scalp psoriasis under control.
- See a dermatologist. If over-the-counter treatments don't improve your scalp psoriasis, see a dermatologist. They can prescribe stronger medications, such as topical creams or light therapy.
With the right treatment, scalp psoriasis can be controlled. Be sure to talk to your dermatologist about which treatment option is right for you.If you're one of the estimated 7.5 million people in the United States who have psoriasis, you know that this chronic skin condition can be not only physically but emotionally jarring as well. Scalp psoriasis, which appears as raised, red, often scaly patches on the scalp, can be especially bothersome because it's visible to others.
While there is no cure for psoriasis, there are treatments that can help improve the symptoms and the appearance of the skin. If you're looking for ways to improve your scalp psoriasis, here are some tips:
1. Gently cleanse your scalp
It's important to cleanse your scalp gently to remove build-up without irritating the skin further. Look for a cleanser specifically designed for people with psoriasis or try a gentle, sulfate-free option. Be sure to massage the cleanser into your scalp with your fingertips rather than scratching with your nails to avoid further irritation.
2. Apply a medicated cream or ointment
There are a number of over-the-counter and prescription options available to help treat scalp psoriasis. Look for a medicated cream or ointment that contains ingredients like salicylic acid, coal tar, or corticosteroids. Be sure to apply the product as directed and talk to your doctor if you're concerned about any potential side effects.
3. Use a medicated shampoo
There are also a number of medicated shampoos available that can help treat scalp psoriasis. Look for options that contain ingredients like salicylic acid, zinc pyrithione, selenium sulfide, or coal tar. These shampoos can help reduce inflammation and alleviate symptoms.
4. Try a light therapy treatment
Light therapy, also called phototherapy, involves exposing the skin to ultraviolet light under the supervision of a doctor. This type of treatment can be effective in reducing symptoms, but it's important to talk to your doctor first to see if it's right for you.
5. Consider medication
If other treatments haven't been effective, your doctor may recommend medication. There are a number of options available, including oral medications and injections. Be sure to talk to your doctor about the potential risks and benefits of each option before starting any new medication.